Laser dentistry is a precise and effective way to perform many dental procedures while minimizing pain and recovery time. Here are some of the major benefits associated with it:
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized.
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require stitches.
- Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia.